tear in liner above water line - 12"

leaky

Jun 13, 2011
My liner has torn open above the water line. The tear is now 12" and growing... Liner is about 5-7 years old.

The liner was stretched in this area during install; the liner never seated totally where the bottom meets the wall and you can see the vinyl pattern is more stretched here. The stretching and the sun has made this the area fail first :<

Should I try to patch it ASAP? or let the tear open up and relieve the tension, partially drain and patch?

Thanks

Attachments

• 2011-06-13 08.27.jpg
    2011-06-13 08.27.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 217
leaky said:
My liner has torn open above the water line. The tear is now 12" and growing... Liner is about 5-7 years old.

The liner was stretched in this area during install; the liner never seated totally where the bottom meets the wall and you can see the vinyl pattern is more stretched here. The stretching and the sun has made this the area fail first :<

Should I try to patch it ASAP? or let the tear open up and relieve the tension, partially drain and patch?

Thanks

Welcome to TFP!!

I hate to tell you that your liner is failing fast :x You might get another season or 2 out of it, if you patch it. Advice on applying the patch is here

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.