AG Solar Cover with Fence

jlu

Jul 3, 2010
I want to get a reel for my solar cover, but I have one of those vinyl works fences around the pool (village requirement). Are there any solar reels out there that would work with this type of setup and swing away from the pool? Currently we don't have anything, we just use bungee cords to secure the bunched up cover to the fence. I would like to use the whole length of my pool, but now the bunched up cover takes up 1/4 of it. :( It's ugly too.

Anyone use anything else like hooks on the fence to hold the solar cover?

Any other Ideas?
Thanks,
Judit

I wish I could help you. We have a similar problem, although we built a small walking deck around our abg pool with a railing around that. Because of our walking surface around the pool we are able to manipulate the reel it's on up to rest on the fencing.

I've wondered if it would be beneficial to put a couple of posts outside of the pool area higher than the fencing to roll the cover up onto but not sure how that would really work either... and no matter how you do it, you still have to look at the ugly thing while you swim. You would have to be creative about the crank to reel up the cover, but I imagine it could be done.

There are several posts on the site with designs for stand alone solar cover reels, including one we used.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.