Replacement multiport

Onslow

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2010
Kentucky
While I'm waiting for some parts for my multiport I'm debating (since they may at this point tell me they really don't have it in stock) replacing the whole multiport valve. Does the replacement have to be the exact OEM-sourced equipment or are generic/compatible replacements available? If so how to match up? Thanks!

If I understand your question correctly, all you need to replace the entire multiport is compatible openings.

If you have 1.5" going in and out of the existing one, then you have to get the same size openings for the new one. You may have to work the PVC a little but that's not too difficult.

Is that what you were asking?

I need to make sure the valve fits the tank and that openings for the six bolts used to secure it are sized/spaced properly.

It looks like many valves are now secured by a large ring clamp with a single bolt/nut.

Or maybe I could just look around a little more and find one of these - duh!

aqua-man.com
Inyopools.com
poolandspastuff.com

These don't look exactly like mine but there's enough information to confirm DV7 valve dimensions and fit.

I think things in general are manufactured to more skimpy standards then they were years ago. Mine has raised letters for all the markings and on these there are stickers which I read fade and peel over time. Still, good to know there are these options!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.