Anyone ever use this "Cover Free" product before?

Kind of sort of ??? sounds definitive!! Thanks for the reply It sounds just as thought it would be... My pool store guy tried to tell me about it yesterday as they came back to look at my pool build issue.... always selling thos guys... half expected him to break a bottle out of his trunk! Pool wall is still not right too I'll post back in my other thread for that later...

If memory serves (and I'm 99% sure of my memory on this one) - future regulations will make any heated pool obligated to have a solar cover, an automatic cover, or the chem you're talking about in it.

Jason's appraisal is 'spot on', but I may add a few to my pools to help keep the over night heat loss down to a dull roar. (they gotta be cheaper than the propane we run through).

So I get 'the kind of sort of' - but here is the thing.

This year I added ~1.5 oz Heatsavr each day (I am doing BBB method so no big deal to add Heatsavr at the same time) and the pool was getting 85 - 87F at the end of the day. Pool heating is by 7 SunEarth Solar panels and we are in the Santa Cruz Mountains near the Bay area in CA. This summer has been much cooler than average here - and at 1700' elevation (night temperatures drop into the 50s sometimes 40s) - this seems pretty good.

I ran out out of Heatsavr 4 days ago. Since then we have had mini heatwave (day time 90s night 60s) - but the pool is only getting to 83F at the end of the day.

The family prefers the 85F+ and wants me to get some more of the Heatsavr.

At the end of the season I don't really want order online and my local pool store has switched from Heatsavr to COVERfree. Anybody used both? I am somewhat (more) skeptical of COVERfree as it says it only needs to be added once a week rather than daily for Heatsavr.

I should probably add that our pool is maybe the best location for these kind of products - very sheltered (fence, trees and terrain) so a suntrap but with almost no wind.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.