Saying hi and thanks for all the good information

barefooting

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 11, 2011
Coastal, NJ
Hi,

New user, but I've been lurking for a while. This site has been extremely useful. Don't have any questions, just saying hi and thanks for all the good information here. There's so much, that any question I've had in the past is easily answered, either from the pool school or a quick search.

We put in a pool a couple years ago, to entertain the family. Been loving it. One of the best investments we've made. Kids really enjoy it and use it all the time. We keep it really warm, like 90. A tad more at times (night swims). Most of the heat is from solar, but backed up by a gas heater. We keep a bubble cover on every night (unless it's really hot out).

I use liquid chlorine. It's bleach, but I've learned to say liquid chlorine to friends and guests, to avoid
the funny look they shoot me if I say bleach (you can almost read their mind).

Water is clear. As you folks say, it's 'sparkly'. Here's a full test. Once again, no questions, but what's
a first post without test results?
FC 5.0
CC 0
pH 7.5
TA 100
CH 210
CYA 40

Anyway, thanks again for all the good information and help everyone here provides!

We completely understand how your friends and family react to the words bleach or chlorox! I added some during a recent break time while people were eating dinner and my sister looked at me like I was crazy. Explanations don't help, they don't always think you know what you're talking about... even when you show them the labels on the bottles.

We'll keep our pools sparkly and they don't have to know we do it the right way and it doesn't cost us much to do so. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.