Power Board on AP DIG 220

gunner

Jun 11, 2011
On my AP, there was a low amps reading 16V 3.3 amps upon futher investigation (taking the cover off) the board had 4 blown caps (1000uf 50v). I replaced the caps and now the readings are 16-18v's 0.6amps. I can not access the installer menu like I could before replacing the caps. I took the cover and inspected the caps, none were blown and polarity is correct. The SC60 is ok -- Does anyone have an idea of what to look for? Relays amybe and where to buy them?

Thanks

Remember, you need to hold the select button down for 15 seconds to get into the Installer menu.

Also, the amps and volts numbers will only be correct if the cell has been on for more than a minute before you do a test pool pilot. Turn on boost, wait a minute, and then do the amps/volts check again.

I forgot the 15 sec rule for installer menu - I changed the pwr lvl from 1 to 3 and let it run 5 minutes - now this is really strange - test menu shows salt at 3000, temp 84, volts 0 amps .9 - the 6amp 250v fuse is good and I know I put those caps in correctly - just a comment before changing the caps out I had 4 blown (black caps) with bulging tops that showed 16volts now with the new ones in place none of them are balck or bulging I have zero volts, something else with this board is bad any ideas?

the reason why no voltage is the trace circuit going to the IC chips blew out maybe taking out the brigde too - didn't look at the back of the board snd of course AP doesnot sell the board you have to buy the whole unit minus the SC. so I am getting my board rebuilt far cheaper...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.