3 last questions

buddywiser

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2007
Morgantown, WV
1. Should I take out my cartridges or leave them in the filter through the winter?

2. I have a heat pump (Heat Siphon) and I noticed a little standing water in the bottom. Is there any danger from this freezing? Should I just pour a little RV antifreeze in there to be safe?

3. My water level is currently below the jets. I have a mesh cover. Now over the course of the winter, I expect rain and snow meltoff to bring the water level up over the plastic parts. This is my first closing, but I opened last year and the water was around normal summer levels, so I'm guessing this is what happens over the winter. I feel I've done everything correctly as far as the skimmers and lines go. Would I be safer or just wasting my time if I checked the water level every 4 weeks or so and drained it below the jets again if it was coming up?

I live in NY and just let the water level slowly rise over the winter/spring. I really don't think there is any reason to drain on an ongoing basis. The original drain is to get the water level below the skimmers and returns so they can be blown out and (possibly) have anti-freeze added.

If you decide to drain, make sure there is no ice on the top of the water. It will cut your vinyl no doubt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.