Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pureline Crystal Pure 60,000
I am brand new to TFP.

My first pool came with a house I bought some years ago when I lived in Hingham, MA. It was pretty simple to maintain. The season was so short that by the time I got everything out of wack, it was time to close it for winter.

About five years ago, when I had a new house built here in Tucson, where a "nice summer day" runs about 104, I decided I had to have a pool. I didn't know much about water balance and chemistry. I started seeing lots of white flakes in the bottom of the pool. I went online to research it, and found this site.

In the last week, I have bought a TFT test kit, reduced my TA from about 220 to 100 (acid and aeration) , added 15 boxes of 20 Mule Team Borax, along with the acid to get the pH back down to 7.5. The water has never been this clear and sparkling!

Thank You
TFP

W.E. Johnson, Fire Chief (retired)
AKA chiefwej

Welcome to TFP!

Sounds like you are on the right track. Keep in mind that one problem that you can run into there in Tucson has to do with your calcium hardness. The hard water there makes it tough to control CH in your pool which can lead to scaling if not kept in check. Be sure to monitor this level and make adjustments when needed. :goodjob:

Since my fill water has enough hardness than you need to chew it, I don't see how I could really keep the CH level in check. The white flakes I was having to get out of the pool are about the only way I could reduce the amount of calcium in the pool. I can't afford to keep the pool full of the RO water that we drink here.

Hi chief and welcome to the forum :wave:

Sounds like you got things under control and you are rockin' with your TF100 test kit! :whoot:

I think there may be RO treatment for your pool available in your area.
Something to think about.

How about a pic of that pool? :-D

Here are some picts from back when the pool was first built.

P4081787-1.jpg

P4081789-1.jpg