chriscard25

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 23, 2010
I asked this question last year with no clear response. Maybe some time has added some knowledge!

Does anyone know if you can replace the T cell in this system with a larger capacity cell?

TIA!

Hayward doesn't say that you can use a larger cell anywhere. They only make a single cell size specified to work with the AquaTrol. On the other hand, they don't say that you can't use a larger cell either. I don't know of anyone who has tried it. It is possible that you will damage the unit by trying a larger cell, or it might just not work, or who knows maybe it does work. My guess is that it won't work with a larger cell and any attempt to try a larger cell will damage the control box, but I am just guessing.

If you do try it, we would love to hear about it.

With the new AT I picked up for my father you have to set what size cell you are using on the mother board before hooking it up. Maybe on the newer models u can change it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.