Manual Pool vacuum head cleaner

Jun 11, 2011
Hi all Newbie here I have a 20x40 in ground lazey L pool and run a Auto vacuum unit But I need to purcahse a new head for manual cleaning ( I really like to make sure pool is clean so I will get in and just walk around with th vacuum) I currently have a traingle unit but it is old and time to replace it Can anyone out there tell me who makes the best manual head cleaner Thanks all Mark

Hey, Mark,

Welcome to the forum :lol: I think no one has replied yet because it's really hard to pick a "best" one. With a pool that large, I would suggest a pretty large head and I think you can easily get them 18" across (perhaps even 24" but that might be overkill) Anyway, just pick the one that common sense tells you is your best bet.

I bought a vacuum head at ACE Hardware a couple of years ago that's the best I've ever used.

It's a rectangular shape with one of the long sides longer than the other. I'm sure there's a geometry word for the shape, I just don't know it. Isosceles trapezoid, maybe. It's top is light grey and see-through which is an enormous help when vacuuming up those fine lines of dust. I can literally see them being sucked into the vacuum hose. Has a good weight so it stays on the bottom and maintains suction.

I can't say what size mine is. My pool is 16x30 and it does a fine job cleaning that square footage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.