New guy, old pool, lots of questions.

Jun 11, 2011
Hi everyone. I love this site, and really like the idea of a bbb method. Well, I just bought a house (my first one) in tucson, az, so a pool was a must have. Everything was great until we closed on the house and on final walk through, the po let the pool go. I have been trying unsuccessfully to clean it and get it going.

Heres the situation..
15000 gallon pool, swg (hayward swimpure), green and cloudy for probably 2 months now.
Itested the water and got ph8+, ta 110, cya 60, tc 0, nacl -2600.

I put in 20 oz acid. 80 lbs pool salt. 3lbs hth shock. 4 gallons bleach (6%). I run the pump for as long as I can..but I'm not fully moved in yet, so I'm afraid of the filter pressure building up..i backwash a few times a day (sand filter) when I can.

Now, chlorine still low @2. Ph 7.8, everything else is essentially the same.
The pool has not visually progressed at all..still green and cloudy..i can see the second step (barely). What am I doing wrong..any suggestions would be immensely appreciated.

-John

Welcome to TFP!

I would take this moment to lower the PH again. Then you need more chlorine.

Shocking is an on-going process. You keep adding chlorine to bring the FC level back up to shock level until the FC level will hold overnight. If you haven't already, take a look at How To Shock Your Pool in Pool School.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.