New Pool Build

Hello All, I just signed a contract to have a new pool built on the Treasure Coast of Florida. Nothing fancy, just a 14'X28' in ground rectangle sport pool. Two shallow ends (3.5') and deep in the middle (4.5'). All equipment will be Pentair. I plan on video document start to finish with links to you tube.
I will certainly be depending on this site for help, due to the fact that we have never owned a pool.
My first decision to make is to use the Pentair Intellichlor IC20 or IC40. Have seen some post on here already about buying bigger than you need. Since this pool will be well under 20,000 gallons, was wondering if I really need the IC40. Any thoughts?

Getting the IC40 will be a good investment. If you get a size close to the pool size you'll have to run the cell and therefore the pump longer which will cost more money as well as use up the cell quicker, causing you to ahve to replace it sooner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.