Polaris cleaner tail

Mar 17, 2010
Spring, TX
On my polaris there is a tail that is attached that helps the cleaner move around. For some reason everytime I use it it just falls off. So the only way I have it attached is that it pushed on and it seems pretty snug. But usually after a little while I go out and look and the tail has fallen off. Is there a way to keep this from happening?

Thanks.

maxepr1 said:
As they get older they stretch and erode. Then fall off, there cheap just replace it.

This has been replaced in the past few months. It seems like something is missing to hold it on like a screw or something. There is a little stub that sticks out in the back. I push it on and it feels pretty snug. But comes off everytime in less than 30 minutes. It is like the pressure pushed it off. I thought maybe there is sometype of plastic piece that you screw it down with, but at a loss. I can take a picture if necessary.

there should be a plastic hose clamp to hold the tail onto the stub. I lost mine. The polaris replacement cost may be $5 or so. I now use a small hose clamp to hold the tail hose onto the stub. Works fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.