Which location is better?

I am looking to install my pool in the next week or two (sooner the better of course). It is a 38' by 18' oval above ground pool with A braces (so I can cut the straps and made a deep end). I plan to build a deck from my backdoor (which is above ground) to be level with my pool. My problem is deciding on a final location, I have 2 spots that I could do.

One is in my backyard lengthwise 12' from the fence (10' is required, so 12' to be safe), with the 18' end next to my existing porch. I'd have to cut down a nice pine tree to put it there.

The second option is on the side of my house, where I currently don't really use the yard. I have like 33' between my house and the property line, so I think I can squeeze it in next to my house. I'd build a deck across the back of my house to the end of the pool, or I could cut down the giant tree and extend the pool out so the deck goes to the side of the pool a little.

On the side of my house, I can have more privacy with a fence or bushes/trees whatever, but it's more enclosed. Also would have trees overhanging it, I'm not sure if I'd rather the shade in the summer, or full sun in the backyard during spring/fall.

Since I know everyone likes pics, here are some I just took of my backyard: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... eTheater=1

Any recommendations which spot I might like best or regret more in the years to come? Or any things I should consider for either location?

I know in my area, full sun is the way to go because our temps are usually in the 80's, if it was alot hotter shade might be nice. I'm glad there are no overhanging tree's at my pool, enough stuff blows in as it is and the trees are approx 30' / 50' away.

Being in Indiana I prefer that my pool be in the sun to gain heat in the pool, but hope to get a canopy of some kind over part of the deck so there is some relief from the sun during the heat of the day. I suspect in Pennsylvania you may find the same to be true.

Where my pool is placed, we do get some shade in the evenings from trees which is nice during the hot part of the summer, but during spring and fall we could use the warmth of the sun. Canopies and umbrellas can be moved, trees are a little harder to manipulate :)

Seems like everyone here (and my friends elsewhere) all agree that full sun is best, and fences or shade can be added later if wanted. I put in the permit application for it there, now I just have to wait for the permit to be approved, and the pool to actually get delivered... just hope it gets in in the next week, or else it will be mid-July before I'm using it...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.