I want to hard plumb my 18' intex pool

Jun 9, 2011
HI, I want to hard plumb my 18' intex pool. I hate the plunger valves. My husband is heading to the hardware store shortly. My question is, where the plunger valvers screw into the pool..what do i do here to take the plunger valves away all together. I've had my pool for going 5 seasons and every year either the o ring or the coller or the plunger itself has a crack or leak and it takes me forever to order the part..not to mention in the mean time my pool turns into a swamp. I've looked and looked to see what sizes we would need to make this happen. Maybe im looking in the wrong place, so if anyone can steer me in the direction I need to go that would be great..
We bought a Hayward 1.5 hp sand filter right away because my friend went through the dreaded horror of the lousey intex filters.
Please help..My kids are driving me nuts to get the pool going. :-D

Hi I am new to this site and I have a 18 x 48 intex pool with a 1600 intex sand filter and I was tring to figure out what size 90 to use for my suction and return valves because they measure from the inside 2 1/2 but people say they used 1 1/2 90 how did they do that

@Ardylee,

Here's some example pics I put online for another person here. I gathered my inspiration from the pics that fast1971chevelle posted online, and practically mirrored my plumbing after his.

http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/willi ... 9.jpg.html

Use the same nut that comes off the stock Intex valve assembly. Get yourself 1.5 inch box adapter (found in electrical dept) to a 1.5 inch coupling and then normal PVC pipe from there for the rest of the plumbing.

@Ardylee,

Here's some example pics I put online for another person here. I gathered my inspiration from the pics that fast1971chevelle posted online, and practically mirrored my plumbing after his.

http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/willi ... 9.jpg.html

Use the same nut that comes off the stock Intex valve assembly. Get yourself 1.5 inch box adapter (found in electrical dept) to a 1.5 inch coupling and then normal PVC pipe from there for the rest of the plumbing.
I'm curious how this held up, with kids in the pool and movement, did the pvc ever leak being as it was directly attached?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.