Mountain Side Installation (Above Ground)

golf4u

Jun 11, 2011
Hi,

I am an amatuer, and someone out there is a pro !!.

I have nearly finished excavating a site for the placement (just beginning the final levelling) of an above ground pool and now becoming nervous about placement due to the weight of water that will be held. There will be 20m3 of water in our pool.

I dont have an image at this momemt (in a couple of days will add this) showing that the area I have just prepared.

Essentially it has been placed in what was a partial slope in the garden and now levelled. The back end of the new levelled area is back filled dirt supported by a wooden retaining wall.

I had to dig down 4ft to get to a suitable level point.

Most of the pool will in fact be on very solid ground, but I think about a 1 meter width of the pool will be about 1 meter away from the edge of the this retaining wall area, so wanted to gather thoughts on wether the overall balanced weight of the water will have much effect or a major effect on the stability of soil up against this retaining wall ?

The wall itself is about 2ft high - would anyone say this height is a particular concern for the soil weight behind it ?
I will of course be putting in wooden rakers to support the existing posts already cemented into the ground, and then rakers inbetween to support the main boards. I will also drive steels behind the rakers to give the rakers support.

Sorry if this is not clear and hope to add an image of the site asap to help gather opinions.

Thanks

Mark

Hi, great pictures nice job. I attached a diagram of the site and think that of course wood is not ideal but costs means that the concrete or blocks is not viable this year. So if I have to wait to save up to do this properly then this is what I will do.

Of course, if the diagram helps and anyone thinks that the water weight will be okay, then I would appreciate some guidance

Attachments

• pool diagram.jpg
    pool diagram.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 178
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.