Final HGTV shoot and updated pics

mgora1

Oct 16, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Hello all,

On Friday we finished shooting for the HGTV show "Groundbreakers" Below are a few shots during filming and as promised some better shots of the finished pool.(with the sun out finally) I have also included some equipment shots as someone had asked to see.

We should know in a week or 2 when the show will air. I will make sure to let you know.

The host interviewing the pool designer

pool1.jpg

The crew doing some wide shots

pool2.jpg

A view from our covered patio off the great room

pool3.jpg

Looking from just outside the beach entry

pool4.jpg

A view from inside the outdoor pavilion

pool5.jpg

Another shot from across the bar

pool6.jpg

Looking into the pavilion

pool7.jpg

Looking from just next to the fire pit

pool8.jpg

A close up of the flagstone beach entry

pool9.jpg

Standing on top of the raised bond beam wall above the sheer descents

pool10.jpg

This is at the end of the walkway entrance from our side yard.

pool11.jpg

Pumps, pumps, and more pumps

pool12.jpg

pool13.jpg

That’s neat to have them filming. I'm glad they're not at my house. My sons and I would be making funny faces behind them or something equally as silly. If you want, the bid is on the table to trade houses, LOL.

AWSOME POOL, I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.

Wow, I watch that show all the time :) I can't wait to see it - please post to tell us when. It is spectacular 8) I'm with tagprod, you won't notice me either, unless of course you need someone to get you a drink, make you dinner, or wash your feet :lol: . All kidding aside, wishing you best of luck with your beautiful pool :party:

Attachments

• poolblackstaincloseup.jpg
    poolblackstaincloseup.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 42
The filming was a fun process but we are happy to be done. It was a 4 month project, so between just dealing with the pool being bulit and then adding working with the TV crew, it was very involved. But I will say it was worth it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
4 PUMPS AND A BOOSTER PUMP :shock: , i wanna complex set up light that. i dont know why but i wish i had more valves and pumps and piped going two and from the pool, silly me i know but i think its cool.

Rollin Thunder said:
4 PUMPS AND A BOOSTER PUMP :shock: , i wanna complex set up light that. i dont know why but i wish i had more valves and pumps and piped going two and from the pool, silly me i know but i think its cool.

Seemed like a lot to me at first but they are all used:

1 main pump for pool
2 jet pump for spa
3 sheer descents
4 deck jets at beach entry
boooster for Polaris
Blower for spa

I love the Jandy actuated valves. Pretty cool to just push a button and see the valves turn. :goodjob:

Or you can have a plumbing nightmare like this picture! It's got more plugs, valves, tubes, and fittings than I've seen in a while. Look at the pressure gauge going to the heater...30 PSI !!! WHOA!! :shock:

Awesome pool mgora1! I too am a self proclaimed long lost brother to someone... and I think it's you (this week). 8)
So, can we talk about getting back your Cobalt for your long lost brother to borrow? :wink:

Attachments

• Plumbing Spaghetti.JPG
    Plumbing Spaghetti.JPG
    321.2 KB · Views: 1,623
I can't wait to see the show. In fact I set the cable box to record all the episodes of "groundbreakers" so I don't miss it.

Did the construction really go the way the show will depict or was there some behind the scene flub ups that were omitted?

mgora, not to be too nosy but I've always wondered how the finances of those types of shows work... Do they chip in towards the cost of the pool build or do they just pay you a 'hosting fee' or something like that at the end? How did you come to be on the show in the first place? I would think it would have to have been from the very beginning so the show can get before and after shots... Did your PB tip off the show producers on what was likely to be an awesome project?

Thanks for satisfying some idle curiosity... your yard is amazing and it's great to have a celebrity on the forum!

EskimoPie said:
mgora, not to be too nosy but I've always wondered how the finances of those types of shows work... Do they chip in towards the cost of the pool build or do they just pay you a 'hosting fee' or something like that at the end? How did you come to be on the show in the first place, before the project even started of during?

Thanks for satisfying some idle curiosity... it's great to have a celebrity on the forum!

I am glad you asked. I was wondering the same thing. To add to that. Did the PB give you a discounted rate of any sort due to the National publicity they get in return?

I would bet the PB was very attentive to constuction details and any questions or concerns you had. It would look pretty bad if the host said..."Well construction was coming along pretty good but we have not seen the PB in the last month and they are not answering our calls........"

dlsdo said:
EskimoPie said:
mgora, not to be too nosy but I've always wondered how the finances of those types of shows work... Do they chip in towards the cost of the pool build or do they just pay you a 'hosting fee' or something like that at the end? How did you come to be on the show in the first place, before the project even started of during?

Thanks for satisfying some idle curiosity... it's great to have a celebrity on the forum!

I am glad you asked. I was wondering the same thing. To add to that. Did the PB give you a discounted rate of any sort due to the National publicity they get in return?

I would bet the PB was very attentive to constuction details and any questions or concerns you had. It would look pretty bad if the host said..."Well construction was coming along pretty good but we have not seen the PB in the last month and they are not answering our calls........"

thank you for asking that from me as well, i also bet it means he does a more quality job to show off what he is capable of producing.

dlsdo said:
I can't wait to see the show. In fact I set the cable box to record all the episodes of "groundbreakers" so I don't miss it.

Did the construction really go the way the show will depict or was there some behind the scene flub ups that were omitted?

They actually would rather film any drama that happens and we captured a few. Things went pretty much as planned and should all be captured.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.