Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Final HGTV shoot and updated pics

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Suwanee, GA
    Posts
    31

    Final HGTV shoot and updated pics

    Hello all,

    On Friday we finished shooting for the HGTV show "Groundbreakers" Below are a few shots during filming and as promised some better shots of the finished pool.(with the sun out finally) I have also included some equipment shots as someone had asked to see.

    We should know in a week or 2 when the show will air. I will make sure to let you know.


    The host interviewing the pool designer



    The crew doing some wide shots



    A view from our covered patio off the great room



    Looking from just outside the beach entry



    A view from inside the outdoor pavilion



    Another shot from across the bar



    Looking into the pavilion



    Looking from just next to the fire pit



    A close up of the flagstone beach entry



    Standing on top of the raised bond beam wall above the sheer descents



    This is at the end of the walkway entrance from our side yard.



    Pumps, pumps, and more pumps





    25,000 Gal chlorinated rubber painted pool. 175sf Hayward cartridge filter. 1 1/2 hp AO Smith pump.

  2. Back To Top    #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    179
    wow! Just beautiful.......
    18 ft.52" Round Atrium AG -7600 gallons, Sand Filter, Vinyl liner, Royal Entrance Steps, 80 lbs.solarsalt

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    25


    Wow!
    16x36 Inground Gunite
    25-30,000 gallons
    4' - 9' deep end
    Chlorine/Bleach

  4. Back To Top    #4
    Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    10,045
    Wow, all I can say is, " Looks fabulous!" Now, can we all come over for a party?

    Joyce

    p.s. just love HGTV
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

    ~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

  5. Back To Top    #5
    tagprod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tomball, Texas
    Posts
    489
    I'm certain that I was seperated at birth from mgora. Can I move back home? That pool is unbelievable - I'll just live out there by the pool - you won't notice me. Have they given you an air date for the show?
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

  6. Back To Top    #6
    Guest
    That’s neat to have them filming. I'm glad they're not at my house. My sons and I would be making funny faces behind them or something equally as silly. If you want, the bid is on the table to trade houses, LOL.

    AWSOME POOL, I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.

  7. Back To Top    #7
    mbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashland PA
    Posts
    257
    Wow, I watch that show all the time I can't wait to see it - please post to tell us when. It is spectacular 8) I'm with tagprod, you won't notice me either, unless of course you need someone to get you a drink, make you dinner, or wash your feet . All kidding aside, wishing you best of luck with your beautiful pool
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16x33 fiberglass pool sand filter

  8. Back To Top    #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Suwanee, GA
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by tagprod
    I'm certain that I was seperated at birth from mgora. Can I move back home?
    I was adopted, so pending a DNA test the gate is open.

    We should find out soon when the show will air and I will be certain to post. I was told by the producer today that the show has entered editing.
    25,000 Gal chlorinated rubber painted pool. 175sf Hayward cartridge filter. 1 1/2 hp AO Smith pump.

  9. Back To Top    #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Madisonville, LA
    Posts
    83
    Fantastic pool and surroundings!
    Lee
    10200 gal 12x24 IG vinyl, Dual Main Drains, Sta Rite System 3 cartridge filter, 1.5 HP pump, Zodiac LM3 SWCG, Letro Platinum w/booster, Colorlogic, Spraydeck, Deck jets, Oasis 36" Arch Waterfall, custom built BBQ island

  10. Back To Top    #10

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Suwanee, GA
    Posts
    31
    The filming was a fun process but we are happy to be done. It was a 4 month project, so between just dealing with the pool being bulit and then adding working with the TV crew, it was very involved. But I will say it was worth it!
    25,000 Gal chlorinated rubber painted pool. 175sf Hayward cartridge filter. 1 1/2 hp AO Smith pump.

  11. Back To Top    #11
    Guest
    4 PUMPS AND A BOOSTER PUMP , i wanna complex set up light that. i dont know why but i wish i had more valves and pumps and piped going two and from the pool, silly me i know but i think its cool.

  12. Back To Top    #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Suwanee, GA
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder
    4 PUMPS AND A BOOSTER PUMP , i wanna complex set up light that. i dont know why but i wish i had more valves and pumps and piped going two and from the pool, silly me i know but i think its cool.
    Seemed like a lot to me at first but they are all used:

    1 main pump for pool
    2 jet pump for spa
    3 sheer descents
    4 deck jets at beach entry
    boooster for Polaris
    Blower for spa

    I love the Jandy actuated valves. Pretty cool to just push a button and see the valves turn.
    25,000 Gal chlorinated rubber painted pool. 175sf Hayward cartridge filter. 1 1/2 hp AO Smith pump.

  13. Back To Top    #13

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale, Florida
    Posts
    1,455
    Or you can have a plumbing nightmare like this picture! It's got more plugs, valves, tubes, and fittings than I've seen in a while. Look at the pressure gauge going to the heater...30 PSI !!! WHOA!!

    Awesome pool mgora1! I too am a self proclaimed long lost brother to someone... and I think it's you (this week). 8)
    So, can we talk about getting back your Cobalt for your long lost brother to borrow?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

  14. Back To Top    #14

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Suwanee, GA
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Poolsean
    Or you can have a plumbing nightmare like this picture! It's got more plugs, valves, tubes, and fittings than I've seen in a while. Look at the pressure gauge going to the heater...30 PSI !!! WHOA!!
    Where's the picture????? And thanks!
    25,000 Gal chlorinated rubber painted pool. 175sf Hayward cartridge filter. 1 1/2 hp AO Smith pump.

  15. Back To Top    #15

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale, Florida
    Posts
    1,455
    yeah that was weird. I attached the picture and when I read your post, I didn't see a picture. I just went to attach the picture and poof, all of a sudden, it's there (and I didn't reattach it).
    Spppooooookkkyyyyy, must be HHaalloowweenn.

    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

  16. Back To Top    #16

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    329
    I can't wait to see the show. In fact I set the cable box to record all the episodes of "groundbreakers" so I don't miss it.

    Did the construction really go the way the show will depict or was there some behind the scene flub ups that were omitted?
    Dave
    -------
    Our pool-
    20x40 Free Form Gunite (3'-8'), 26,000 G, AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generator SC-48, Aqua blue pebble sheen, Textured Sundek, Pentair Easy touch with remote control, 1hp Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro pump, Max-E- Therm heater 333k BTU, System 3 Mod Media Cartridge filter, and Polaris 380 cleaner with booster pump

  17. Back To Top    #17

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sahuarita, AZ
    Posts
    278
    mgora, not to be too nosy but I've always wondered how the finances of those types of shows work... Do they chip in towards the cost of the pool build or do they just pay you a 'hosting fee' or something like that at the end? How did you come to be on the show in the first place? I would think it would have to have been from the very beginning so the show can get before and after shots... Did your PB tip off the show producers on what was likely to be an awesome project?

    Thanks for satisfying some idle curiosity... your yard is amazing and it's great to have a celebrity on the forum!
    My Pool:
    12K gal IG gunite with 7' raised spa, gunite waterfall, PebbleTec Caribbean Blue finish, solar heating & in-floor cleaning system

    Equipment: Sta-Rite 300' Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC20 SWCG, Sta-Rite 400k BTU heater, Intelliflow 4x160 main pump & Sta-Rite 3/4 hp waterfall pump, EasyTouch controlls w/ wireless controller, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

  18. Back To Top    #18

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by EskimoPie
    mgora, not to be too nosy but I've always wondered how the finances of those types of shows work... Do they chip in towards the cost of the pool build or do they just pay you a 'hosting fee' or something like that at the end? How did you come to be on the show in the first place, before the project even started of during?

    Thanks for satisfying some idle curiosity... it's great to have a celebrity on the forum!
    I am glad you asked. I was wondering the same thing. To add to that. Did the PB give you a discounted rate of any sort due to the National publicity they get in return?

    I would bet the PB was very attentive to constuction details and any questions or concerns you had. It would look pretty bad if the host said..."Well construction was coming along pretty good but we have not seen the PB in the last month and they are not answering our calls........"
    Dave
    -------
    Our pool-
    20x40 Free Form Gunite (3'-8'), 26,000 G, AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generator SC-48, Aqua blue pebble sheen, Textured Sundek, Pentair Easy touch with remote control, 1hp Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro pump, Max-E- Therm heater 333k BTU, System 3 Mod Media Cartridge filter, and Polaris 380 cleaner with booster pump

  19. Back To Top    #19
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dlsdo
    Quote Originally Posted by EskimoPie
    mgora, not to be too nosy but I've always wondered how the finances of those types of shows work... Do they chip in towards the cost of the pool build or do they just pay you a 'hosting fee' or something like that at the end? How did you come to be on the show in the first place, before the project even started of during?

    Thanks for satisfying some idle curiosity... it's great to have a celebrity on the forum!
    I am glad you asked. I was wondering the same thing. To add to that. Did the PB give you a discounted rate of any sort due to the National publicity they get in return?

    I would bet the PB was very attentive to constuction details and any questions or concerns you had. It would look pretty bad if the host said..."Well construction was coming along pretty good but we have not seen the PB in the last month and they are not answering our calls........"
    thank you for asking that from me as well, i also bet it means he does a more quality job to show off what he is capable of producing.

  20. Back To Top    #20

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Suwanee, GA
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by dlsdo
    I can't wait to see the show. In fact I set the cable box to record all the episodes of "groundbreakers" so I don't miss it.

    Did the construction really go the way the show will depict or was there some behind the scene flub ups that were omitted?
    They actually would rather film any drama that happens and we captured a few. Things went pretty much as planned and should all be captured.
    25,000 Gal chlorinated rubber painted pool. 175sf Hayward cartridge filter. 1 1/2 hp AO Smith pump.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •