Safe to circulate

Onslow

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2010
Kentucky
While I wait for parts to repair my filter I would like to circulate the water so I can at least try to keep the FC going. Would it harm the pump to just loop water in and out of the pump itself or would the water's contaminates foul it up? It's pretty green now but I'm trying to keep water moving and treatable.

It is a miracle (for me) but I finally got the water high enough to circulate an extremely strong flow from the return. The pump seems to run at length without problems (unless the puck floater gets in front of the skimmer at which point I have to intervene to get the flow going again).

The pool is still a mess and I'm getting the dead stuff out as I can until filter parts arrive. The water is showing some signs of clearing up until I try to leaf rake the bottom at which point it all gets swirled around again :x

Is there something that can make the dead algae float to the top?

Also, FC is apparently zero by midday as CYA is also zero according to testing. Would it be futile to add CYA dosage per pool calculator before the filter gets brought back online or should I wait til that happens first?

Thanks again, progress is finally starting to happen despite the steps remaining. Things are starting to look up!

You can try ProTeam System Support. It is kind of expensive to my way of thinking, but I have heard good things about it and it does float a lot of the debris to the surface.

I would wait to add CYA until you have the filter working.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.