Sand Filter ORing Leak

Jun 10, 2011
I have replaced the big oring on my hayward s 200 twice in the last year and it will not stop leaking around the oring. I have taken filter apart and checked oring for crimps or debris and find nothing. Anyone have any suggestions ?? Pool store has not been any help at all.

Re: SAND FILTER ORING LEAK

Have you used a suitable o-rin lubricant? Something silicone based is best. Also, check for nicks and cuts in the o-ring and make sure the o-ring and both sides it mates to are free of debris.

Re: SAND FILTER ORING LEAK

Yes I used the lube from the pool store. It is a brand new oring I just purchased it and put it on. the leak is not isolated either it leaks pretty much around the whole oring. I even tried different levels of tightening on the bolts. Hand tight, snug and just kept making the bolts tighter and tighter but nothing helped. Someone help ????

Welcome to TFP!!

Ditto to what Bama said.

Also, are you tightening the bolts properly? (the proper way is to put all the bolts on ~ hand snug and then tighten them in pairs N&S, then E&W, then NE&SW and then NW&SE. That will put even pressure on the gasket and then you can just tighten the rest of the bolts.

Yes I am tightening the bolts properly. I have also taken the bolts out, cleaned and checked for any problems bur cant find any problems. I put it back together and it starts leaking again. I dont get it. It just constantly drips in differnt places all the way around the bottom of the oring seal....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.