Chlorine level non-existent with SWG

WOOBIS

Jun 10, 2011
I have added chlorine stabilizer to the IG pool 24 hours ago & cleaned the cells in my Jandy Aquapure 700, then 6 hours ago I set the control panel to chlorine boost & still have no chlorine registering. The pool is still very clear, but am wondering how long it might take to produce chlorine?

Re: CHLORINE LEVEL NON-EXISTENT WITH SWG

Took water to pool supply store and the results were:
Free chlorine 0.0ppm
total chlorine 0.1ppm
ph 7.9ppm
hardness 200ppm
alkalinity 87ppm
cyanuric acid 10ppm
salt 4000.00

So I added 4lbs of cyanuric acid 24 hours ago.

Please don't use all caps :wink:

Good move on CYA...how large is your pool?

Since FC is basically zero, you may need to shock...but before we can determine that you need to get the chlorine level up asap with liquid chlorine. SWGs are good at mainatining FC when there is enough CYA in the water and there is no need to shock. But to raise FC from zero, you want to do that quickly without taxing the SWG. :goodjob:

Thank you for the help. I got liquid chlorine and the chems are perfect right now, but will give it another day to make sure the chlorine stays int he pool. Is it safe to assume that if it fully burns off, then I have an issue with the cells in the SWG?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.