Pentair Intelliflo VF Pump Priming Error

ewsb

May 26, 2007
Northern VA
Pool Size
Does anyone have experience of priming errors with this pump. Even though the pump is fully primed and there is no air in the system, the pump (multiple times a day) reports a priming error. There are no leaks in the pool and the filter is clean - it appears (lthough this may just be total coincidence) to happen when the heat pump is on

I have had a similar (not the same) problem with my newly installed Intelliflo 4X160 for 2 months, the problem started immediately. The LED alarm,daily,states that I have a under or over voltage, so the Intelliflo's "turn on" time will vary from a few minutes to 45 minutes. The LED alarm will start anywhere 8PM to 1AM after the pump has turned off. Interestingly enough, for 3 days in a row this month there was no LED alarm, and it turned on exactly at the correct time.

My pool company has replaced the communication cable, and is about to replace the mother board.They are reluctant to replace the drive. They are infering that I have a problem from my meter to the pump.

I've had PGE put a surge dector on my meter for 24 hours, no surges were detected. The pump is direct wired to the breaker with #12 gage wire.

Have had a Pentair tech check it out, he wasn't able to pin point the problem.

Another forum thought the problem could be the communication cable or the drive.

Perhaps your problem could be related to the drive. Long shot.

I read another report which indicated that the priming pressure may be critical if you prime with too high a pressure (seems counter intuitive) but I have tried by dropping the pressure and not sure it has imprived too much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.