Above Ground Pool on Concrete Pad ?

Were you planning of using a Gorilla pad or other foam padding between the concrete and the liner? And how would you shape the coves between pool floor and pool wall? What if the concrete cracks from freezing/thawing cycles?

If you don't want the pool anymore in a few years, that big slab of concrete will be very much . . . there, you know? What would you do with it?

I like the idea, I just don't know if it's an okay thing for an AGP.

Well got the pad poured, it looks GREAT! Almost a shame to put the pool on it. The concrete contactor used a fiber infused mix so no rebar had to be used. The wait time I was told was seven days as they pour drives they wait seven days for concrete trucks to drive on them. We ended up waiting 10 days since it was poured on a Tuesday. As far as being stuck with a concrete pad that's not the case here. Living in the Ozarks (the base of the Boston Mountains) nothing is flat and the soil is a rock mix. This left us no other choice but to cut out and erect a retaining wall to create a level area.

We've been back and forth on the type of pool we can do here. After careful consideration I think my dream of a IG is not going to happen with water levels and flooding. So like you guys I plan to do an AG on a concrete pad. I hate sinking that kind of money into a AG but it's the best option and I don't want it to be a temp pool, I want it to last. Round here that means putting it on concrete. Otherwise critters will just tunnel under and ruin your foundation floor. Keeping the pool level with our heavy rains won't be a worry either. We don't have a lot of rocks here so that part isn't a problem but the creek out back could be.
Glad to see I'm not the only one with the concrete pad idea and that it works. If we ever decide to do away with the pool it can be turned into a huge patio with a hot tub or something so no worries there. No idea what it will cost since it will be a very large pad, will probably do a 30' round or a 20x40 rectangle pool but it will still be way cheaper than a IG would have run us. If we could even find anyone to put a IG in, living rural we don't have any local pool builders, have only found one dealer that will come this far down and they are above ground only. No one I know has a IG pool.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I figure we'll use foam on the concrete and then a cover so the floor will have some padding.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.