Initial pool layout - pics

F500

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 11, 2007
Madisonville, LA
Here are a couple of pics of the pool layout. We marked the location of the pool and decking. The inner outline is the edge of the pool, 12x24. It will be surrounded by a 4 foot wide two-tone spray-texture deck with an expanded area in the rear for lounge chairs. There will be four deck jets creating a tunnel of water arcs over the pool. Where you see the BBQ pit, we will construct an outdoor kitchen with a 10 foot long serving counter.

Construction should begin right after Thanksgiving.

Attachments

• outline.JPG
    outline.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 351
Who'd have thought we could ever get so excited about people spray painting our grass? :lol:

I think that's going to be a real nice layout.

It's hard to tell but it looks like you have a gap between your existing patio and the start of your deck. You might consider bringing those two areas together to keep from having a muddy area - just a thought.

SeanB said:
It's hard to tell but it looks like you have a gap between your existing patio and the start of your deck. You might consider bringing those two areas together to keep from having a muddy area - just a thought.

SeanB, good point, but...we did that on purpose. We didn't want the pool that close to the deck. The patio and pool deck will be connected by a four foot wide walk. There will be raised gardens on either side. I guess we will see how it works.

Attachments

• poolbig.jpg
    poolbig.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 276

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
F500 said:
Vince, thanks. All of the rooms in the house have 9' ceilings except for the great room which has 14'. Upstairs to the right of the picture is a custom equipped theater - not huge, but fantastic for watching HD movies.

the reason i new that is because our house is almost like that, im 6'5 and my oldest is 6;2 so having 9 ft ceilings is wonderful, we have a great room 15' ceilings with a small thin screen over the fire place we entertain in this room so we have the sound equipment in here and speakers piped in the kitchen, upstairs is where the man cave is. LOL. i love the look of a house with the real high roof. just makes the house look HUGE.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.