Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Initial pool layout - pics

1. Back To Top    #1

Initial pool layout - pics

Here are a couple of pics of the pool layout. We marked the location of the pool and decking. The inner outline is the edge of the pool, 12x24. It will be surrounded by a 4 foot wide two-tone spray-texture deck with an expanded area in the rear for lounge chairs. There will be four deck jets creating a tunnel of water arcs over the pool. Where you see the BBQ pit, we will construct an outdoor kitchen with a 10 foot long serving counter.

Construction should begin right after Thanksgiving.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lee
    10200 gal 12x24 IG vinyl, Dual Main Drains, Sta Rite System 3 cartridge filter, 1.5 HP pump, Zodiac LM3 SWCG, Letro Platinum w/booster, Colorlogic, Spraydeck, Deck jets, Oasis 36" Arch Waterfall, custom built BBQ island

2. Back To Top    #2

Wow, this looks awesome. Wish we had the swim season that you get down there. I am awaiting the first snow to fall after Thanksgiving and you are talking about pool construction .
    16x36 Inground Gunite
    25-30,000 gallons
    4' - 9' deep end
    Chlorine/Bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks!

It gets pretty chilly here; at least the water will.

Good thing I have a couple of wetsuits!
    Lee
    10200 gal 12x24 IG vinyl, Dual Main Drains, Sta Rite System 3 cartridge filter, 1.5 HP pump, Zodiac LM3 SWCG, Letro Platinum w/booster, Colorlogic, Spraydeck, Deck jets, Oasis 36" Arch Waterfall, custom built BBQ island

4. Back To Top    #4
    lol, looks like its going to be nice

5. Back To Top    #5
    Who'd have thought we could ever get so excited about people spray painting our grass?

I think that's going to be a real nice layout.

It's hard to tell but it looks like you have a gap between your existing patio and the start of your deck. You might consider bringing those two areas together to keep from having a muddy area - just a thought.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by SeanB

It's hard to tell but it looks like you have a gap between your existing patio and the start of your deck. You might consider bringing those two areas together to keep from having a muddy area - just a thought.
    SeanB, good point, but...we did that on purpose. We didn't want the pool that close to the deck. The patio and pool deck will be connected by a four foot wide walk. There will be raised gardens on either side. I guess we will see how it works.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lee

7. Back To Top    #7
    Now I see. I couldn't see the walkway in the first picture. That's going to be very nice.

As long as the landscpaed area has good drainage, you should be fine.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

8. Back To Top    #8

Looks like a good use of the space! Very nice.
    25,000 Gal chlorinated rubber painted pool. 175sf Hayward cartridge filter. 1 1/2 hp AO Smith pump.

9. Back To Top    #9
    I just love the closeness of your pool to your house and level yard!! Things will be wonderful for swim season! Good luck with the build

Joyce
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

10. Back To Top    #10
    looks like its going to be nice, from the looks of your house, i bet you have a great room, and high ceilings in every other room.

11. Back To Top    #11

Vince, thanks. All of the rooms in the house have 9' ceilings except for the great room which has 14'. Upstairs to the right of the picture is a custom equipped theater - not huge, but fantastic for watching HD movies.
    Lee

12. Back To Top    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by F500
    Vince, thanks. All of the rooms in the house have 9' ceilings except for the great room which has 14'. Upstairs to the right of the picture is a custom equipped theater - not huge, but fantastic for watching HD movies.
    the reason i new that is because our house is almost like that, im 6'5 and my oldest is 6;2 so having 9 ft ceilings is wonderful, we have a great room 15' ceilings with a small thin screen over the fire place we entertain in this room so we have the sound equipment in here and speakers piped in the kitchen, upstairs is where the man cave is. LOL. i love the look of a house with the real high roof. just makes the house look HUGE.