Pump, filter, I don't know...please help!

Jun 9, 2011
Anyone out there that can help me out? I have called 4 pool people here where I live, only one of them showed up. He told me first I need a timer put on my pool which cost $1,600... Then I said, "I already have one on and it works". He said, "oh you do"? --- just to give y'all a little of my pain! :). So, I am here with a pool issue that I cannot resolve by myself nor can I find it on the Internet.

Problem:

Just brought the house one month ago. Pool was swampy green with 2 inch tadpole living in it. So I cleaned the tads out then shocked the blank out of the pool. Started my filter and pump and began the cycle of cleaning it. I Vacuumed it a lot. Then, I noticed the first day of running the filter and pump that it would decrease skimming then stop meanwhile, my returns would slowly stop pushing water out as well. So I went googling and found the manual. It stated to bump it everytime this occurrd and backwash as well. Oh it's a DE Hayward filter EC75a. So I did that - nothing, same ol same ol. So then it said take the filter out of the filter harness and soak the flex tube in moradic acid (spelling) so I did... Still nothing. While soaking the filters flex tubes, I put the filter back together as if it had the filter flex tubes in it, I turn on my pump and filterless filter on and it works perfect.

Question:

When I take the actual filter (flex tubes) out of the filter harness the water will run through the skimmers and return water out until I say stop, but as soon as I put my freshly cleaned filters flex tubes back into the filter harness it stops after 15 minutes? So is it because my water is still dirty without me seeing it and clogging it that fast? Oh and after putting back in the cleaned filter I have done what the manual has stated to do...and nothing, once again.

Please someone help!!!

These are the pic for the pool. Keep in mind I have not ran the pump nor filter or chemical is a week so my water it's turning green again... Right now a darker teal - it was cloudy light blue when I tried running the pump and filter. When vac it had little debris.

hello, i had the same problem, turns out i needed a high prformance propeller, you may be adding to much diatomaceous earth, your proper filter uses 7 pounds of D.E. if this doesn't solve the problem you will need a high performance propeller like me, or a larger horsepower pump.

Cole

De filters will become dirty very quickly when the pool is full of algae. Also, you should hose off the flex tubes, then soak in a solution of dishwasher detergent and water, then if needed acid and water soak. In case you don't have it, here is the owner's manual for your filter.

I'm going to address a couple of things here.

Cole -- It sounds like you got pool stored. Don't know what pump you have, but I highly doubt that you needed a different impeller (not propeller) Please don't take offense to that. The only reason to need more flow is if you have a water feature that requires a massive flow and those usually have a separate pump anyway.

BL -- Your problem can be solved. As Zea said DE filter are very good at filtering small particles and if your pool is swampy it will clog the DE filter quickly. I don't know what size pool you have but you may have to clean the filter many times before you get the pool clean. Just keep after it.

You should also read pool school on how to properly shock your pool if you haven't already.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.