Looking to buy

Jun 14, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I've started my research phase for purchasing a SWG. I've been reading a lot of threads on here and everywhere online.
I'll be installing the unit myself.

I guess my question is which SWG would be best for situation?
I know price plays a factor, so I'm probably looking for something around 800.

I'm not sure if it matters but I currently run my pool pump 12 hours a day. The pool is in the sun from about 8am-7pm.

What is the difference between the Aqua Rite and Pro version, along with the SwimPure Plus?
I'm unable any specs to tell the difference.

Actually I may go with the CompuPool for the price.
Do you think I should look at getting the 40k or the 60k gallon unit?

I recommend the 40K. Reason being the 60K unit may be too powerful even at the lowest setting. I have a pool the same size as yours. The builder installed a Jandy 1400 which is the 40K model. Mine comfortably maintains the Chlorine level and it is set at 35%. If you oversize the unit too much, you could lose the fine level of contro that is needed to hold the chlorine steady.

Hope this makes sense...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well I received my SWG on Friday. It's been raining all weekend so i haven't been able to install it.
Looking at my current setup, I'm thinking it should go inline where the current Auto chlorinator is?
Or should i leave the auto chlorinator in place and add on with a bypass?

What's your opinion?

img0175medium.jpg

I would replace the in-line chlorinator, as that will be by far the simpler plumbing job, and there shouldn't be any need for the chlorinator once the SWG is installed.

I would install the SWG at the height of the pipe coming out of the multi-port valve, instead of down at ground level. Either place will work, but higher up should allow easier access without blocking access to the multi-port. If everything fits just right, the higher mounting can also eliminate a 90 degree bend from the plumbing.

The cell should come with unions. There isn't any need to remove the cell for the winter, but you do need to be able to remove it to inspect the cell, clean the cell plates, and replace the cell when it wears out.

Pool school says:
The best choices include Diamond Crystal® Solar Salt Extra Coarse Crystals in blue bags, Morton® White Crystal® Water Softener Salt in blue bags, or Diamond Crystal® Sun Gems® Crystals Water Softener Salt in yellow bags.

But the salt I found was in a white bag. Is this salt ok to use?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.