algae spots forming

May 29, 2011
Hi this is my first post here: great site! Just used my new tf100 kit today & here are the results - fc-7.5 ,cc - 0, tc - 7.5, ph - 7.5, t/a 140 , ch - 40, cya - 60, temp 80f. I initially shocked with 24 gallons bleach 6%. I added 1qt leslies algae control on the 5th day after running the pump 24/7 to clear the green water up. 2 days later used 2.5 pounds leslie chlor brite which i have 40 pounds of for the season. I am using 3 3" tabs leslies in my offline chlorinator at full. I need advice for the next step since algae spots r forming in various areas of the floor around the pool. thanks in advance. Btw pool is a fox lazy l approx 25k i believe,fox sand filter which i changed the sand last season, hayward 1hp pump.

[center:pnh40kqc][attachment=0:pnh40kqc]nipit.jpg[/attachment:pnh40kqc][/center:pnh40kqc]
Your CYA is already getting up to where shocking is going to be difficult. Stop using that chlor-brite and those pucks if they have CYA, which I think they do.

And it's time to shock, the right way. It's not a one-time blast, but a process.

Attachments

• nipit.jpg
    nipit.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 81
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.