May 31, 2011
I have a feeling I'm going to be spending a lot of time here... So I thought I might as well officially introduce myself. I just bought my first house and it came with a 30-35k gallon pool. I mean I got a good deal on the house and I'm very happy with it and the pool was kind of exciting even though I could tell it needed some work. I didn't know it was going to take THIS much work but :D

Sorry If you see me around posting a lot of annoying newbie questions or ones that sound retarded :D I was seriously told absolutely nothing about the pool or how to work it. It was a short sale, arms reach deal, and the house was pretty much "as is" kind of thing. So for the last two weeks, all my efforts have pretty much been on this pool because nothing annoys me more than a green swampy pool in your backyard making mosquito babies (and I can't stand mosquitoes at all) so I wanted to take care of the pool before the green swamp got worse.

I'm glad I found this place because *sigh* I don't know anyone real good who does pools. I've had friends of friends over to help off and on but some don't know what they're doing and others seem to get irritated. And I don't know them well so I don't wanna bother. Got my little pool testing set in the mail but hopefully, I'll be able to get everything under control (it's blue and crystal clear now but still finding new things and right now it's still sucking chlorine like a vacuum and blah >.<

I hope this thing is worth all the effort!!! Lol! Glad I had a large savings left after the down payment on the house for paint jobs and repairs or I would be filling this sucker in!!! (I think it will be nice once I get it though :D And feel like a major accomplishment for me)

So hi from California.. *waves*

Welcome to TFP!!

And... congrats on owning a pool :cheers:

We can and will help you 'tame' this beast :wink:

There are NO 'retarded' questions :hammer: (no one is born knowing this stuff and the best way to find an answer to a question is to ask someone who knows the answer :) )

I've had lots of test kits over the last 20+ years and IMHO, the TF100 is the best! (in fact, I just ordered 2 for my work). With a good test kit, you will know what's going on with your pool water! And you'll be able to post accurate results for us to analyze :wink:

Have you checked out Pool School? (for the things I mentioned, you can link to them from my sig)

Glad you found us!! :goodjob: