level of water in "closed" pentair 320c

Diver

May 5, 2011
South of Boston
i recently installed pentair 320c inline chlorinator. i haven't used yet and not plan on doing it until i have a need for it (vacation or required bump in CYA). so right now the switch on the chlorinator is in OFF position.

when the water is flowing i see some water in it (i could post a pic tonight). it's maybe a quarter of an inch into the amber chamber, or probably about an inch in the chamber overall. but it's not always there and i can't figure out the circumstances that accompany it.

right not it's not a problem, but if there is any tabs in it it will probably result in the tabs being dissolved and some ppms going into the pool. in the "OFF" position. the water in the chamber doesn't seem to have any flow it though.

so, is it normal? does my valve is broken? is it a big deal?

so sounds like there shouldn't be any water in the chlorinator in "off" position. which kinda sucks since it means that i have one of the valves (main or check) defective. i guess it's not a big deal since i'm not even using it and when i do it will be for specific amount of trichlor that would be gone after it's used up.

thanks for answering

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.