Algae in top seams of intex frame pool

Apr 18, 2011
Hi,
I've never had trouble keeping my water clear in my intex frame pool thanks to finding this website before I set my pool up 3 years ago, but at the top of the liner, (where the top pieces of the frame fit through), water collects and algae always forms in the seams. I can scrub the visible algae but not get all the way into where the frame pieces are. Is there anything else I can do to keep the algae from forming there? Maybe it just shouldn't bother me!

Thanks!

I have had my pool for seven years, and there is always a layer of green in those top pockets by the end of the season. When I take down my pool at the end of summer, I take the water hose with the sprayer gun and clean out as much as possible with the water flow. Then when I start taking the white poles out I take a small cloth and pull from end to end and clean out really well before storing for winter. But it will come back the next swim season. Is just inevitable imo, from rain and splashing and so forth.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.