Measuring Volume/Weight Help

cramar

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 10, 2010
Sault Ontario
At the risk of sounding like a moron, my first pool is up and I'm having a brain cramp on all these units of measurements for the chemicals: ounces, litres gallons, cups, quarts :hammer:

Can anyone guide me to an easy location to to sort all this out, or help break thru the fog in my brain?

Do I need a little scale or something??

A measuring cup is all you need. Use the volume quantities. I personally use one of these:
14491.jpg

Hi Richard, I'm ok on the liquid volumes but it's the dry volumes that are putting my brain in knots, on top of everything I have to convert from voodoo Canadian metric.

Do you mix your powers with water by any chance?

Nope, powders are the same as liquids. Just make sure they're level. It's no different than measuring out flour or sugar. If you're working in metric, set pool calculator to metric units, up on the very top brown bar, far right. Then use a metric measuring cup; I'm assuming they make such things!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.