I'm lost - Green on my test strip for pH

Jun 8, 2011
Yes, already reading that you shouldn't use test strips... it's all I have til Saturday.

So, you can see #2... it's pure green.

These are Hth 6-way strips from Wal-Mart; I'm afraid to even use the spa until I figure this out.

The strips have worked fine previously....I'm at a loss.

<----new guy crying for help.

ps - thanks for guides on site... happy to have found site also... lots of good info i didnt know

Welcome to TFP...depending on where you live TFtestkits.net (same owner of this forum) could get you a TF100 rather quickly. A taylor K2006 would be good too. The issue though is they are rarely available in local pool stores, even the larger chains, and when they are they are likely a return from internet orders.

OK...in the mean time...do you have a walmart or HW store nearby? They sell those little Yellow OTO (total Chlorine) / Phenol Red drop based (PH) drop test block comparators for around $5-10. That would be a good double check on the PH...you are wise not to enter the spa, until you can confirm...but in case that is an extremly low PH, I would not wait till saturday to confirm.

The Phenol red/yellow OTO test block looks like this :testkit:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.