Hi,pool full here are my test results.
fc .5
cc 0
tc .5
ph 7.4
ta 280
ch 240
cya 0 filled tfp 100 test tube till top and still seen black dot so below 20
installer added 4 gallons of shock and after I put in sock with about 1 pound of stabilizer in it that was yesterday while pool was filling. test results are from tonight after pool was full and filter running all day.what should I add tonight. also am going to do the bbb method and and borates have all the stuff to do it.do I wait til everything else is right first before borates added. Thanks

Hi and welcome :)

Your TA is very high. What you will find is over time, your PH is going to creep up. You absolutely want to postpone a Borates addition until the TA is brought down into range. You can do this slowly, the lazy way, or rig up an aerator and speed the process up. That is a personal decision. So is borates. Not everyone has them - I don't. So everytime the PH hits 7.8, you lower it with muratic acid down to 7.2. Eventually the TA will lower down into range, because the acid lowers TA as well.

Now, you don't have enough CYA added. On your pool - it's going to take at least 4 more lbs to get you into range. You don't need to do the sock method when you have new fresh fill - just add it directly to the skimmer and let it dissolve in your filter. run the filter for 24-48 hours while its dissolving - then wait 5-7 days before you test again.

What kind of bleach/chlorine do you have on hand?

For now, you need chlorine. Fast.

If it's a fresh fill, you won't see any CYA for about a week after you added it, so just assume it's there and don't bother testing for it for a week. Save your test reagents.

Pool Calculator says you'll need about 4 lbs of CYA to get up to 30, which is the minimum you should have. So that one pound you added isn't enough.

This article explains it all. Don't let the titrle throw you, it's the same sequence.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.