What is the best way to sanitize

tripledobe

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 8, 2011
Wayzata, MN
Re: Sigh. New with so many questions

Newbie questions.
Background:
I have just installed a custom made (by me) 2K Gallon swim-in-place with a harness fiberglass pool inside of my house. It is sitting in the crawlspace with the
Top on the floor surface very well insulated and covered with an automatic winch controlled 400 # insulated cover that becomes a floor when the pool is closed.
It will be used mainly by me and my daughter daily for about an hour and closed the rest of the time. There is a variable speed pump (0.5 – 1.5 KW) with a 240V heater
That seem to be doing the water turnover/heating job well.
Question:
What is the best way (least hassle/less money/less resources like energy and chemicals) to sanitize it? All the choices between chlorine (native and salt generated), bromine,
Combinations of above and UV, Ozone, metal-Ion systems (like Ecosmarte) etc. are starting to drive me nuts. I have read a large number of discussions here and on other boards
But they all seem to be about other types of pools – larger, public, spas with hot water, outdoor. And I can’t really correlate the best practices and recommendations I see there
To my situation.
Please help.
Thanks in advance.
Koni.

2k Gallon pool

Newbie questions.
Background:
I have just installed a custom made (by me) 2K Gallon swim-in-place with a harness fiberglass pool inside of my house. It is sitting in the crawlspace with the
Top on the floor surface very well insulated and covered with an automatic winch controlled 400 # insulated cover that becomes a floor when the pool is closed.
It will be used mainly by me and my daughter daily for about an hour and closed the rest of the time. There is a variable speed pump (0.5 – 1.5 KW) with a 240V heater
Question:
What is the best way (least hassle/less money/less resources like energy and chemicals) to sanitize it? All the choices between chlorine (native and salt generated), bromine,
Combinations of above and UV, Ozone, metal-Ion systems (like Ecosmarte) etc. are starting to drive me nuts. I have read a large number of discussions here and on other boards
But they all seem to be about other types of pools – larger, public, spas with hot water, outdoor. And I can’t really correlate the best practices and recommendations I see there
To my situation.
Please help.
Thanks in advance.
Koni.

Newbie questions.
Background:
Question:
To my situation.
Please help.
Thanks in advance.
Koni.

Chlorine, either manual or SWG, is good. A SWG is not as wonderful a choice indoors as it is outdoors, but still worth considering. Indoors you need to test and manually adjust the SWG run time constantly, while outdoors it tends to practically run it's self. UV is really nice to have indoors, but not required. UV can help avoid CC problems, which are far more common indoors than outdoors. I would avoid ozone (not good indoors due to air quality issues) and metal-ion systems (stains).

Re: Sigh. New with so many questions

tripledobe please do not highjack someone else's thread, please start your own.
Duplicate posts in several unrelated topics merged into a new topic. JasonLion