LifeTime Supporter
Apr 25, 2009
Burlington, ON, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Since my back yard is 90% pool, the equipment pad had to be built right next to the patio dining area. Finally (after 4 years) I've had a shed built over it all. Not that the equipment is ugly or anything, but now I don't have to look at it, it's much more quiet with the pump inside the shed and the equipment is now protected from rain/snow/wind etc.

Before:

289icj.jpg

After:

5k4qyq.jpg

There is one gable vent up high to the right of the interior picture. I still have to get the gas fitter out to run the exhaust for the gas heater up through the roof (by law here in Ontario, only a certified gas fitter can do this). He will have to add ventilation for the heater, which will be cut through the walls (one high, one low is what it shows in the heater installation manual).

The kids want me to build bunk beds in there...lol

Thanks. It will be nice this winter to not see 3 feet of snow on top of all the equipment. Last winter, the smoked plastic cover on top of the heater controls blew away, never to be found. A new cover was surprisingly expensive. Plus, I have a place to sleep instead of the doghouse when the wife is mad at me...lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

recently built this lean-to shed, size is 4x8, put vents on the side and the small overhang has a vent aswell. I don't have a pool heater so hopefully it is enough to keep air flow going.

I used these drawings for a baseline, and just made a few modifications to make it more convenient for myself, but these were the best ones I could find. http://www.construct101.com/lean-to-shed-plans-4x8/

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice sheds especially with shelves inside....
t

the shelfs will come in handy, I might build another one but I will wait and see how this works first... this shed will be real convenient for all our pool related stuff, I can hang stuff around the inside and even keep the umbrellas and other accessories in there.

So the boxes that were mounted on your fence are now mounted inside on the shed walls? They are strong enough? I am looking for a solution for all my fence-mounted boxes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.