May 28, 2011
I tested my pool, the numbers are as below,

Free Chlorine - Couldn't get it, I guess this means Zero
Combined Chlorine - almost zero
PH - 7.2
Total Alk 70
Clacium Hardness 250
Cyanuric Acid <30

And i can find a little algae in the pool. I used the pool calculator, but don't very clear totally how much chemistry I need to input to my pool. Thank you for your help

You will find a wealth of information in Pool School.

In the meantime, since you mentioned that you have algae, please read this article: pool-school/defeating_algae

How are you chlorinating? If your chlorine level is actually zero, you should raise it consistant with your CYA level. A better quality test kit may be of benefit too, such as from http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

Don't worry, you will have a sparkling pool in no time.

Oh, where are you located, material of pool, and filter type?

Good morning, Selena,

While you're reading through Pool School, get some chlorine in your pool ASAP. This evening...no later...sooner is even better! :lol:

Since you don't know dosages just yet, please put in one large jug of Clorox each evening for the next few days while you learn about the chemistry and get some other stuff done.

Secondly, you need CYA in your pool. Four lbs to start but plan on using about 8 lbs (it usually comes in four pound increments.

Post back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.