May 29, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi All:

We opened the pool this year to find out that our pump was excruciatingly loud. We figured the bearings & seals were going; the couple of contractors we spoke with agreed. So, because our pump is ancient, we are going to get a new pump (thinking a Hayward Super II.) Unfortunately, all of the contractors in this area are swamped right now, and the soonest it will be installed is 3-4 weeks from now.

Anyway, they all said that we won't hurt anything if we continue to run the pump, because our pressure hasn't dropped a huge amount yet. However, today, when I emptied the bag on the Polaris, it was filled with AT LEAST one cup of sand. Yikes! I'm worried that this means that we have now damaged something else. (Maybe the head gasket?) I hope that I'm wrong, but it's driving me up the wall worrying about this. Do you think that we've ruined anything else as a result of continuing to run the (extremely loud) pump with the bearing problem?

I appreciate any opinions you'd care to offer! Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.