iron and the soft water tank??

ric

Apr 27, 2007
Ohio
Hi all
I have always dealt with Iron water in my fiberglass pool from using a well. In the house I use a soft water system to catch the Iron and it works very well. In this system I use Potassium Chloride. I plan on doing some plumbing to tie the soft water in to the pool fill. I am looking for some thoughts on using the Potassium Chloride soft water system for the pool fill. positive and negative would be appreciated. Also would there be other things to check other them the normal CL, CC, TA, CH &CYA?
Thanks for the your thoughts and time
Ric W

The main thing to keep in mind is that home water softeners are not designed to handle the kind of volume a pool requires. If you are filling the pool you will need to regenerate and/or recharge the water softener frequently during the fill. You will also end up with more salt in the water then from well water, though that could be seen as an advantage (salt tends to give the water a better "feel").

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.