Benefits to the Speedstir for the Tf-100

Oct 25, 2010
Temecula, CA
I have to order more product for my test kit so I was wondering what the benefit of this item would be. I mean, I only have one pool. It looks like it only fits the round test vials so it would not work for Ph, which I am testing as often as chlorine these days.

Does it help for anything more than just stirring.. does it make the test more accurate? or is it really just great for people who do water testing for a living?

Thx for your opinions. :)
Anne

It will save you a LOT of time. I thought the same- What is that speed stir. You won't have to use both hands when adding drops, i.e. one hand stirring and one placing the reagant in the vial. It will work for all the tests in the TF-100 test kit. I would recommend it.

It is especially useful for those times when you're testing often, like when you're trying to maintain a shock level of chlorine during an algae outbreak. During those times, you're also using a lot of drops, because your chlorine levels are high. The test goes much faster that way. The little light is helpful, too, to really tell when your color changes completely.

My Taylor speed stirrer came in yesterday and it matters. Using my TF-100 without it gave me CH results of 750 to 800. Using the speed stirrer it was 675 (performed twice) which is closer to my plaster contractor's result. For TA and FC the results were the same.

Yes it is beneficial and very convenient. It will help you from over-shooting endpoints, thus making you more accurate. Sure you can get by without it easily, but if you try it, you will likely never go back.

It was the next best investment after my tf100. Like someone said if you ever have to shock it is very helpful. If you have high levels on the drop based test kits for ch, ta, etc it will help. Also when you have to use the 25 ml sample, it is helpful so you dont lose any of the water. There were some times I would be mixing and some of the water would come out of the tube. Makes testing a lot quicker and gets mixed a lot better. You will not regret it and I use it every day to test my FC levels. I feel like I am the cool kid on the block.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a question about the speedstir... I got mine on Friday, installed the supplied batteries and tried it out. Is the little "pill" that goes in the bottom supposed to spin constantly? Mine will sometimes spin, but more often than not it will get hung up and just kind of vibrate in one spot, and it doesn't mix well when it is not spinning. Is it possible the supplied batteries are weak or something else?

Try new batteries first (that's the #1 reason they won't spin) and if that doesn't work try a new magnet.

Call Taylor and ask them to send you one if you don't have on the same size. There have been a few reports of them not working and it's been determined to be the magnet stir bar. Kinda strange, I know but that's been the problem.

RCDuck said:
I have a question about the speedstir... I got mine on Friday, installed the supplied batteries and tried it out. Is the little "pill" that goes in the bottom supposed to spin constantly? Mine will sometimes spin, but more often than not it will get hung up and just kind of vibrate in one spot, and it doesn't mix well when it is not spinning. Is it possible the supplied batteries are weak or something else?

When mine did this, it was the batteries. If I recall correctly they are generic batteries that come with it, so could very well be bad. Once I changed the batteries, the magnet is always spinning until it goes off.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.