PVC drain fitting repair

dschlic1

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 5, 2007
Valrico, FL
On the new pool that I am having built, one of the PVC main drain fittings was cracked by the Pebble-Tec installers. No one noticed this until we filled the pool, only to have it loose 2 ft of water over night. The pool builder and Pebble-Tec are proposing to fix it by injecting pressure cement underneath the fitting. I am also thinking that they should apply a liberal coating of 3M 5200 sealant over and around the crack.

I would like some comments on this repair.

I should have mentioned that this is an in-ground concrete pool with a Pebble-Tec finish. It is located in west central Florida.

Ouch! That's a tough place for a break.

I am unable to have an expert opinion on how to fix it but I would certainly make sure I had an iron-clad warranty that the repair would be functionally and cosmetically sound. My thinking would be a minimum of five years on a specific warranty for that repair.......any masonry product is subject to settling and shifting but five years should stabilize it fairly well.

Both the pool finish and the pool it self have a lifetime warranty. While I am not too worried about Pebble-tec going out of business in 10 years, who is to say about the builder?

Anyway it looks like that type of fix is rather good. The pressure cement underneath will give it physical support, and the sealant above will keep it water tight. The fix will not be visible because it will be underneath the drain cover. It is in the bottom of the drain fitting which looks like a bowl.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.