Replacing Doughboy Sand Filter

Jun 19, 2010
NE Oklahoma
My Doughboy Silica II sand filter is leaking around the bolts and appears to have several hairline cracks. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what size sand filter I should look at? My pump is Doughboy PowerPak II 1hp. The filter holds 130 lbs sand. Should I go with a bigger filter? Any other suggestions?

I'd go with at least a 24" filter. They typically hold 300lbs of sand. I have a Hayward S244T that I'm happy with and got for a reasonable price with free shipping on Amazon.

Thanks JohnT for your response. I've been doing a little research on sand filter brands. I've seen some problems with the Haywards leaking and valve problems and generally not lasting as long as expected. Our Doughboy has lasted a long time, but I don't find much mention of them on TFP. I'm totally confused now as to which way to go. What brand do most of you guys have? Which ones seem to last?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.