DIY solar kits

kpinpoway

In The Industry
Jun 7, 2011
Poway/Ca
I have been considering a solar kit like the ones sold at Leslie's. I got a quote to have a system installed and I cant afford $4000. I have redone all my rusted pool electrical. Additionally I installed a pentair inteleflow recently. I am looking for feedback on those kits. Also, where can I buy the bigger solar panel kits? I cannot find any other DIY alternatives. I live in San Diego CA area.
Ken

Welcome to TFP!

There are several places that carry panels and the installation kits. What do you mean by "bigger solar panel kits"? Large panel size or more panels?

This is where I got mine Aquasol Panels

The going rate for the 4' by 20' solar bear panels from reputable vendors on e-bay for buy-it-now pricing appears to be about $270 (that's a steep increase from the $200 range of previous years), while the sungrabber kits that include two 2' by 20' panels are about $150. Just add piping and valves, and some DIY elbow grease.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.