Round, Rectangular, Oval.....

Jun 5, 2011
Hi everyone...I've been doing some research on AGP's, and came across this forum, which really has a lot of info!

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice as to whether to go round, oval or rectangular. We have enough space for an 18' round, but can get a 12x24 rectangular or oval. I just didn't see many posts regarding the 12x24, seems like the round pools are more popular....any reason? This would be my first, so if anyone can give me any info on round vs. rectangular, it would be great!!

We have an oval and we really enjoy being able to swim laps, and in our situation it fits our yard better as it takes up less space then a round pool would. I believe one of the benefits of round is they're usually less $$, but besides that it probably comes down to personal choice?

Congratulations on a great decision!

What Knarf said - we have an oval as you can see from my siggie at the bottom - it just fit the space better than a round - we wanted the largest pool we could fit into our space - I can easily swim laps. If you get an oval, do not get one with the "braces" on the sides - get the buttress free style - much nicer to look at and uses less space in your yard. I believe that only the ON ground types have rectangular pools - like the Fanta Sea brands.

I think the round is typically more popular simply because it's less expensive to purchase and install. Hubby and I would have loved to have an octagonal one, but simply couldn't fit it in the space we had and we didn't financially want to spring for a new pool either... the square and octagonal ones are harder to find used.

Liners and covers will likely cost you a little more for something other than round too which is something else to consider.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.