(FRAUD/credit card stolen) Does 2" piping make......

Apr 22, 2011
Ohio
Ok, So the pool should be installed next thursday. I know the hoses that come with the pool is 1 1/2". Will it really make any difference, if I convert to 2", if I have to downsize into each device? (pump, filter, chlorinator, solar panel) Will I see enough flow improvement for it to be worth while, if I am going back to 1 1/2" size at each of those? The solar panel will only be about 10ft away.

UPDATE: FRAUD

I wanted to warn people, the link I posted a few posts down, for flex hose, may be fraudulent. Not the link itself, but someone who works there. I did not see anyone else that purchased from flexiblepvc.net but the prices were good! LOL. Well, I ordered some pipe, and 2 days later, my card info was used. I am not 100% it was from this, BUT, I do know that the fraudulent orders on my card, was done online, and they were trying to get stuff shipped to Austria. So, I have my doubts that it is someone from this company, but it is that, or my computer is hacked. Because I haven't used my card online for some time now, besides to buy the tubing. On a positive note, the flexPVC got here in two days, lol. I know people always ask for a reputable online store, and I am NOT saying this is a bad one, but I am saying it is possible.

The person tried to buy a few thousand $ of Ducati parts and have shipped overseas. Now I gotta pray none of my other stuff is affected. :evil: :evil:

Re: Does 2" piping make any difference with all the 1 1/2" i

Check out this thread here (towards the bottom we start talking about pipe sizing):
replacing-pipes-what-should-i-use-t14831.html

I just redid the piping in my pool. The general recommendation was go with 2" for the suction and 1.5" for the 2 returns, which is what I did. The thread shows how that configuration, at least for my situation, gave the most bang for the buck.

Good luck!

This is for an AG pool? How much pipe would you be replacing with 2" and would you also be replacing any fittings as well?

You could keep the pad all 1 1/2" since the runs are pretty short but it may be worth it for the solar panel runs.

Yes, for an AGP. At first, I would just to the solar panel, but I figured, I would just buy in bulk, and get like 25 or 50ft, and maybe change out everything, since I assume it would be pretty easy for an AGP. I would have to buy a bunch of 1 1/2 to 2" fittings probably, right? Since the pool is not installed, I cannot see how the fitting are. I want to buy some hosing before I get the pool installed, so I can have it ready to go, for the solar panel. (Which I got to hurry up and order! LOL) My family is begging to swim the next day after install, lol.

I guess I can get 25ft of 2" flex hose and a 3 way valve, and be ready to install the solar panel, and if I need anything on the fly, just run to Lowe's. Then go from there.

In many AG pools, they use flex PVC which doesn't require a lot of fittings but if you replacing it with ridged PVC, you may need to add quite a bit of 2" fittings and transitions which themselves create quite a bit of head loss so it could end up worse than the flex. AG pools tend to have very little head loss to begin with so unless, you are planning to move the equipment far from the pool, I would just wait and see how things work out before making any significant changes. WIth solar it makes sense since you need pipe and fittings for that anyway.

mas985 said:
In many AG pools, they use flex PVC which doesn't require a lot of fittings but if you replacing it with ridged PVC, you may need to add quite a bit of 2" fittings and transitions which themselves create quite a bit of head loss so it could end up worse than the flex. AG pools tend to have very little head loss to begin with so unless, you are planning to move the equipment far from the pool, I would just wait and see how things work out before making any significant changes. WIth solar it makes sense since you need pipe and fittings for that anyway.

Thanks, that seems the logical thing to do. Even if I switch it all to 2", it will be flex, and pump will be within 8ft from the pool, and the solar panel within 10ft from the pump. I will just get 2" flex for the solar panel for now, and go from there. Thanks everyone.

Sorry, I didn't realize that you were planning to use flex everywhere. In that case, 2" will certainly have lower head loss than the 1 1/2" since your fittings should be similar although you will have to adapt for the equipment. I don't want to discourage you from putting in the 2" everywhere if you are planning to buy it anyway.

As for color, as long as both are UV protected, I don't think it matters much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.