Found Leak - Jets on Stairs - Silicone Solution?

Oct 15, 2010
The leak company found the leak today. It was in both jets on the stairs. They have siliconed the jets as a solution and said not to use those returns/jets for 24 hours.

My question is how good of a solution is this? This is a brand new pool installation. Do I need to request that the stairs be replaced? or do they have to replace just the jets/returns? Not sure, but given this is brand new, I want the best resolution to this and not something that will just buy me time until the warranty expires and then I'm on the hook.

Really hoping for some feedback on this one... Thanks guys/gals!

So they did the repair job and it looks like Crud:

Pool%20Repair%20Work%202011-06-07%20001.JPG

Pool%20Repair%20Work%202011-06-07%20006.JPG

What are my other options in terms of a more appropriate repair? I've already told the pool company that installed my pool that this repair job is not acceptable. I didn't pay the money I did on a brand new pool for it to look like this. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Is it the same co. that you bought the pool from? Did they have any references? If they are just an istallation co. find out what pool sales co. they work with.
Talk to the manager, owner who ever is in charge, in person do not just call them. Let them know nicely that you are not happy with the install (bring pictures). Explain to them that this is not what you paid for and that it need to be fixed now. If they try and blow you off, be firm but polite. Ask them would they accept a brand new car with a cracked windshield?
This does need to be fixed and fixed correctly, not some hap-hazard job.
If that does not get you anywhere, let them know that you will be contacting the BBB, posting the issue on the internet, talking with pool co. and if you do not get results contacting an attorney.

I completely agree... it's ridiculous how this fix has been done. Like you said, not a fix, not even a patch. Is there a better way to fix it aside from applying silicone around the edges of the return?

Bama Rambler said:
That's not a fix. It's not even a patch. They need to redo that completely. Done right you shouldn't even see the silicone.

To do it right the nut needs to be tightened from the outside. That's a huge job but it's the only way to do it right. Looks like they have the gaskets in the right place so tightening is probably all that's needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.