Zodiac LM3 or something else

F500

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 11, 2007
Madisonville, LA
My PB has listed the LM3 as my SWCG for my install. The pool is small (about 9k gal). I have read the comments here about the different brands of units and was wondering if I should press the PB to offer other options. I talked to a guy who has the exact setup/size as my install and he is satisfied with the system.

I want to do this right the first time. Any comments?

F500 said:
Thanks Jason! That's what I found in my research, but I wanted a conformation from the experts here. I know this is an AutoPilot biased group, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

ouch. :(

Please don't confuse the fact that I participate more than any other salt generator manufacturer, with an AutoPilot bias.

Notice that I didn't reply to your question, so that I, as a salt manufacturer, wasn't "biasing" my product against the one you're looking at.

There are some that have expressed problems with AutoPilot, which I am able to help by forwarding the information to my service dept, or perhaps suggesting solutions. Too, there are as many pleased Aqua Rite, Intellichlor and other salt systems as there are happy AutoPilot owners.

I think the fact that there were no complaints to the LM3, is why you didn't really get alot of responses against it.

I thank you for selecting a salt system for sanitizing your pool! If you have any issues, or questions about your system that I can help (I try to do this whether it's my system or not), I and all the other members here, are glad to help.

:wink:

Sean, I didn't mean to make my statement sound the way you took it. In fact I want an AutoPilot, but my PB doesn't carry that line. If folks were to say stay away from the LM3, I would remove it from my contract and buy the AP after the fact and install it myself. I have done tons of research both here and elsewhere. Although I didn't find any major complaints about the LM3 itself, I did notice a general dislike for their product support. Your constant support on this forum is one reason I would lean towards your product if given the chance.

BTW, there is nothing wrong with being biased about a product, if it is proven to be one of the best.

Thanks for "listening".

Not a problem. I just don't want it thought that SeanB's site is allowing a bias towards my product. I hope the moderators and Sean would warn me if I do get overly biased. Thanks for considering Pool Pilot too.
So, I think if you should be able to have the Pool Bulider switch out the LM3 over to the Digital unit, unless he's including it in his pool....otherwise if you're paying for it, you might as well get wat you want.
We can work with your PB, if you wanted to go that route. He can contact me directly if you want. :wink:

Sean,
I don't presume to speak for SeanB or the other mods, but I have often marveled at your ability to help pool owners without trying to sell them on your products at all!

F500,
When we find a great product, we recommend it. Conversely, when we find a bad product, we try to warn other members.
It is very handy to have some professionals here who are willing to help us out, even if we don't own their particular brand of product! For the record, were I in the market, I would probably go with one of PoolSean's products simply because of the support and time and knowledge he gives to this forum.

Good luck with your decision, and your build!! You will be very thankful you did your homework BEFORE your build, instead of trying to revise things later on!

Thanks for all the replies. I really didn't intend for this to get out of hand.

I told my PB I wanted a Pool Pilot and they said it would cost extra. They are throwing in the LM3 as a winter install promo, so I would be silly to turn it down. If it ever goes south on me, I will switch.

I have learned a ton on this forum and hope to contribute someday.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.