First test of year after new liner and refill

silver02gt

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 19, 2010
Rural Southern Illinois
So I replaced my liner and refilled my pool after unsuccesfully clearing my swamp last year. Here are my current numbers
FC 6.5
CC 1
TC 7.5
PH 7.2
TA 70
CH 130
CYA 0
TEMP 74

I put in 2 gallons of 10% shock to get started and have 4 lbs of stabilizer in a sock in front of return jet to get the cya up. If I'm correct I need to continue to maintain shock level until I pass the overnight fc loss test (lose 1 or less fc, have .5 or less cc, and be clear), due to the fact that my CC is currently at 1. I got some valuable experience last year trying to clean it up, but I'm basically a new pool owner. So please let me know your opinions what I should do. Thanks in advance for all your help!!!

Remember that while CYA is zero you will be losing chlorine to sunlight extremely rapidly. By this evening some of the CYA will be dissolved and the sun will be off the pool, so I would wait to add more chlorine until then.

I have a cartridge filter, not sand. I cleaned my cartridge as good as possible(still a little dirty, but definitely usable) and have 2 new ones on the way.

Thanks, I will wait until this evening to add more bleach. But am I correct in needing to bring it to shock level? The water is clear, beautiful, and felt great having a beer at midnight last night after work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.