Not sure what to make of this....

howdoo

Jun 6, 2011
Hi,

Have an ABG Oval 12x18 with a 3/4HP pump and a Hayward S180T Sand Filter.

Anyway, last night, I just happened to notice that about seven bolts, from about mid-way up, where two of the pool walls meet, are peeking through the side one of the uprights. This upright is in a location where if I hadn't been lurking around it would have gone unnoticed. So, I can't say how long it has been like that. I had the liner replaced about two weeks ago so I don't know if it is a consequence of this, or some unnatural shift in the wall in that area (if that's at all possible).

When I feel the liner side of the bolts, I can feel the heads up and down the liner -- only in this location. I read the following post that said this isn't anything to worry about. But, of course, I don't want this new liner torn in that location given any stress from behind.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/is-my-wall-coming-apart-pics-added-t13418.html

In my picture, from the side, the lower two bolts are actually resting up against the edge of the upright. So, I'm not sure if this is why I'm feeling the budge as it is preventing the wall from expanding out? I'm deathly afraid to pry the upright away or to pull the upright back -- if that can be done.

Requesting help as to what should be done -- if anything. Or, there really isn't anything to worry about. :?:

Do you have a Beaded, J-hook, or overlap liner?

Looks like they misaligned the top rail when they replaced the liner. If it's and overlap of j-hook they would have to have taken the top rails off to replace it. And they didn't start back in the right place. It can be fixed but it requires the top rail to be removed again.

I see what looks like liner peeking out under the top rail so I suspect misalignment when they replaced the top rail is the problem.

As for the row of bolts. Feel down the wall to see if anything feels sharp, but I suspect it's fine. They're all that way unless you install wall foam and then you can still feel the bump, it's just continuous instead of each bolt head.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.