Jul 22, 2010
Calvert County, Maryland
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC1 (RC-35)
I picked up a Sears 24'x4' AGP locally after taking it apart yesterday, going back for the liner today. I need a new bottom rim and foot plates. Does anyone know if brand parts are interchangable?

It is sears 167420110

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdi ... =167420110

The liner is only 2 years old.

The support poles, outer metal liner, top rim and caps all seem to be ok.

So any idea where I can get a bottom rim and foot plates? Sears no longer carries them.

Thanks
Nikolas

You usually cannot reuse an old liner. They shrink and are subject to failure. Do yoursrlf a favor and replace that first. As for the pool, you may be able to find a pool that is built similar and use the replacement parts for that. Surf other mfg websites and look at their parts, make sure you have measurements. Usually Lomart and Doughboy are about the only mfg that are exclusively parts specific.

NWMNMom said:
You usually cannot reuse an old liner. They shrink and are subject to failure. Do yoursrlf a favor and replace that first. As for the pool, you may be able to find a pool that is built similar and use the replacement parts for that. Surf other mfg websites and look at their parts, make sure you have measurements. Usually Lomart and Doughboy are about the only mfg that are exclusively parts specific.
Thanks, will do! Is a 2 year old liner considered old enough to not be reused?

Reusing a liner is sometimes possible, but not a great idea. They shrink up a bit after they are removed and are a heavy mess to try and lug around. Very hard to get one to fit again once it's been removed.

Hubby and I thought we might try it too when we bought our used pool but when we took the pool apart the liner had a ripped edge along the bead so it wasn't possible to even consider. We went to roll the liner up to dispose of it and it was all my husband & I could do to manipulate it into ball to discard. Those things are amazingly heavy!

In the end, I'm glad we got a new liner because the older one had a few faded areas and a scum line and it would have taken some work and to me never felt clean (even after all the bleach). With the new liner, it feels like a new pool... My pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.